For my purposes, I define:
- Data is the “in flight” potential to induce informational change; more specifically, data is a signal or energy (boson)
- Information is a particular state of matter (fermion)
- Knowledge is information encoded in the mind and available to our self-aware cognitive processes (consciousness)
- Information encoded into the nervous system but not available to self-aware cognitive processes I will continue to associate with the more inert moniker of “information”
- Wisdom is another matter entirely!